We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Our Pocket pets are special in both size and their medical needs. We offer some routine services to a few of them, but often the best route is to see a vet that specializes. We can direct you to several spots locally, and we do also have the option of sending you to Ontario Vet College. They have a great exotics program.
We are all aware of the concerns and rapidly changing situation with COVID-19. Due to the close public contact that our work requires, we have taken necessary measures to protect our clients, our team and work hard to ensure we can continue to provide excellent care for our patients.
The following changes have taken effective Monday, March 30:
• Currently, we are operating a “closed waiting room” clinic to protect our clients and staff. We ask you to stay in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call our front desk at 519-893-1360 once you have arrived. For scheduled appointments we will take a history over the phone or we ask that you email us any concerns prior to the appointment. A technician will meet you outside the doors to bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then call to discuss our recommended treatment plan and take payment over the phone. A technician will then meet you outside the door to hand off any take home medications and return your pet.
• We are reducing our operating hours to Monday to Friday 9am-6pm. We will be closed on Saturday until further notice. We are running with limited staff in order to be able to continue to be open, so please be patience.
• Like many veterinary hospitals right now, we will only be taking care of urgent or sick pet cases, therefore, we are rescheduling annual physical/vaccines appointments for at least the next 4 weeks.
• If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with issues at their ends and are attempting to provide orders as soon as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order - our staff will meet you outside the door with your items. We are asking that all food and medications are pre-paid at the time of ordering it. If your food is not prepaid, we unfortunately cannot hold it for you for longer than 1 day at this time. If you are paying Debit we will be allowing one client at a time to enter the clinic to pay. We have stopped taking cash payments for the time being.
• We do have an online store available for purchasing food 24/7. Go to our website manitouanimalhospital.com and click “online store” to sign up.
• Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
• Following the recommendations of our government and human medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs and have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience in these matters. Please stay healthy and thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.